Wednesday 2 March 2011

Lighting Balcony

Images below show the development of the creature lighting for Balcony shot where we have the creature climbing over the balcony. Areas I was interested in capture was the light that would be close to the creatures head so this would be a chance for some nice contrast and shadows. Also the light at the casting shadows on the floor so I will try capture that as well! Images start from bottom to top:

After working on this shot alot. We feel the previous shot is to similar so what I have done is done a digital Zoom in the shot so we can give the impression of movement and try not to make it look like we have made these shots so we can put things in. The idea is to make it look like a hand held camera shaking and zooming randomly due to the cameraman being scared so in comp and editing we plan to create this effect. 

What I liked about this scene before lighting was the shot was perfectly set up for me to make some cool lighting. The light directly above the head gave me great scope to work with. The image below and the first images above show me trying to get that contrast and specular on the side of his face. The animation as well goes right up next to the light and I had to capture this. So the images above I feel show how I have capture the glare and reflection of the light.



The image above shows where my work is limited. The cost of adding motion blurr to our renders is expensive. So I have lit the scene so in comp Steph can make sure it is all well lit and blends well with the shot.


Images below show my progress on working with the geometry holding the shadows. The problems I was having was that there were lies where the geometries met. What I had to do was join them together and add some topology to make them get rid of the seam. The top image below shows the walls fixed and smooth shadows.


Whilst working on this shot, I had to be careful with the geometry and its settings. Again they were sometimes casting shadows or receiving shadows where I didn't want them to so I had to look into finding what bits were needed and what weren't.







Again for this Shot I had to work with the geometry abit more. I broke bits off and start to try get the first two major lights in. As you can see the below the two images are focusing on getting the brightness of the right side of his head and right arm to try give the impression of the light near his head. Also I have added the back light to cast the shadows on the floor infront of the creature.


No comments:

Post a Comment