Wednesday 2 March 2011

Lighting StairCase Scene

Here are images showing the development of my lighting for the first shot we plan to work on! The stair case scene is the first look at the creature up close. The images start from bottom to top:


Below are two images showing the final lighting. I have tried to capture the shine of the the light on the creature and the shadow underneath. The shadow will be played with in comp as we will see if it suits the scene when rendered. But I am happy with the first lighting. The track was perfect in most areas the pillar was a bit off and would of caused problems later on so Steph will roto out the pillar in comp.

The images below show the development of the creature lighting and the way I tried to brighten up underneath the creature as the lighting of this part of the college is very balanced and quite evenly lit so I wanted to try make this on the creature. These images show the failure of doing so but the first image above you can see where the light has now been added underneath him.







After learning from the mistake of having all the tracking geometry out I had to cut down and only use the ones that were really needed for the shadows of the scene. So slowly by deduction I worked it down to just the floor. The lights around the pillar to the right would kill any shadows anywhere else. So these lights were going to be my shadow casters. For the Geometry I was going to use I learnt to turn off the render stats allowing it to caster shadows. so the tracking geometry would now only receive shadows.



First two images show how new to cg lighting I was. I had all the geometry made by greg for the tracking in the scene and the result was having a very dark shadow based render. One good thing was that we got to test to see if the track worked and that the hold out was working. However we already planned to roto the creature out in this shot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment