Friday 25 March 2011

What I did.

During this project I was director. I organized the group as well as starting off with the concept of creature attacking the college. The group worked so well together. We all had our own jobs and roles to do throughout the project. The outcome I feel was strong and has a strong simple narrative.

I designed, modeled, uv'ed and textured the creature. I am happy with the outcome, the creature seems to fit the scenes well and moves nicely. I started in maya, sculpting and texturing in Zbrush and used topogun to retopologise the mesh. The creature was my responsibility, I took the model from start to finish, working with sanjay to make sure it animated well, I rendered loads of tests to make sure the textures were looking the way I wanted them to look.

I also was lighting artist on the film. I have had a bit of lighting experience but never to this level where I had to recreate real lighting. I am happy with most of the outcomes and have really learnt loads of techniques and ways to light the shots. This is going to help me when it come down to lighting new projects and turntables.

At the start of the project I also worked on the sound but towards the end we decided we needed some help! we worked along a sound artist who really helped us develop into the film and get the atmosphere we wanted.

I edited the footage throughout the project. I made cuts and changes to make sure we flow of the film was good and to make sure each shot had its moment and wasn't repetitive with the same still camera shot that most people do in their first cg & live action films. I added blurring to where I thought was needed and some digital zooms to change up the shots to make them best out of the animations and models.

No comments:

Post a Comment