Wednesday 2 March 2011

RenderFarm Lighting

The development of the render farm I was looking forward to as I got a chance to really try get the look of glass and to really start to get the look of the creature to a good standard as this was the first real close up of the creature! so time to show off my model. 

The images below show the development when I added the glass to the shot. 


 The image below is the finalized image of the shot with the uncracked glass!


The image below and the first image above show the problem I was having. What I was having troubles with was the fact the glass made the creature darker when it appeared as we turned the visibility off until he headbutts it so we animated in when it cracks. But the shots after in sequence and the difference was to much and looked strange. So what I did was made a uncracked plane of glass that would be turned off and switch when we had the glass crack so the image stayed the same colour.

The trouble I was having was that the shadows were to dark and to defined and what I wanted to do was tone them down but Steph said it would be easier in comp. So I have worked on getting the shadows working the way we want. The creature has slowly started to blend but I still feel its to dark as the light at the back on of the renderfarm would light up the back of the creature more.



Below is there shot with to much light and above is how I toned it back down again as the light from the corridor wouldn't create that much light.



For this shot it was important to get the creatures face looking scary and make sure its nice and darkly lit to capture the grim face it has. I think the shot above shows this. Although I love the way it look it wasn't completely working with the shot so I had to think about developing abit more light into the scene.


I was quite happy when I got the geometry sorted by again turning off the casting shadow options at the way I got the light to capture the shadow of the door. I thought this was a great little image for just one light used. 



No comments:

Post a Comment